Shop red onion online on London Grocery! You can buy fresh red onion online now!
How to Store Red Onions?
Storing them in a cool, dry, dark, and well-ventilated room or cabinet is the way to go. Avoid keeping them in plastic or cloth bags, and instead opt for a mesh bag or a box with holes or slats to ensure they get enough ventilation. But if you peel them then you should put them in a airtight container and refrigerate. They can last in the fridge this way for up to two weeks.
Health Benefits of Red Onions
Raw onion is known to lower the production of LDL (bad cholesterol) so it will keep your health healthy. With its vitamin C it can help you to build immunity. The vitamin C also helps formation of collagen that is responsible for skin and hair health. And chromium, also present in this root vegetable, may help regulate blood sugar.
Best Recipe for Red Onions
Tomato, Basil and Red Onion Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed julienned or chopped fresh basil (about 5 large leaves)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes and onions together to combine. Drizzle with olive oil mixture and sprinkle with basil. Gently stir to combine.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £29.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.