Buy Fresh Oxtail Online with London Grocery
How to Select Best Oxtail?
Choose large, fat tails, which have plenty of meat on them and have been jointed, ready for cooking. The meat should be dark and clean and the fat, creamy white.
How to Store Fresh Oxtail?
If you are not cooking the oxtail right away, you can store it in the refrigerator for three to five days, or if well-wrapped, in the freezer for up to a year.
What are Oxtail's Health Benefits?
Oxtail is a good source of protein and iron with one serving providing 30.8 grams and 3.6 milligrams respectively. To get the most benefits of eating oxtail, include a variety of healthy vegetables in the recipe.
What's the Best Recipe for Oxtail?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 pounds oxtails
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 (14 to 16-ounce) can tomatoes (diced)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Gather the ingredients. Heat the oven to 275 F.
- In a nonreactive 5-quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat until very hot. Cook oxtails in batches until browned, about 5 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer oxtails to a bowl once they've browned.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in pan. Cook until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, then tomatoes with their juice.
- Add broth, ginger, salt, ground red pepper, and allspice. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in oxtails.
- Cover and place in the oven. Bake until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer oxtails to warm platter. Skim and discard fat from pot liquid. Pour juice over meat and serve. Enjoy!
Our Grass Fed Scottish Oxtail is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £29.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.