Buy Fresh Flat Iron Steak Online with London Grocery! This steak is rich in flavour and is tender and juicy!
What Part of Beef Is Flat Iron Steak?
Flat Iron Steak cut is from the shoulder of a beef animal.
What's the Best Recipe for Scottish Beef Flat Iron Steak?
Try Beef Massaman Curry!
- 750g Beef Steak
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp rice bran oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 large onion – cut into chunks or thin wedges
- 400g can coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1 cm ginger – finely chopped or grated
- 1/3 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp shrimp paste (or 1 extra Tbsp fish sauce)
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass paste (or add 2 Tbsp lime juice at end)
- ½ finely chopped chilli (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar (or other sugar)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste (or 3 Tbsp lime juice)
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts – toasted
- 2 large waxy potatoes – peeled and diced
- Fresh coriander and jasmine rice - to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Pan fry in batches in hot oil until browned all over, remove and place in a casserole dish.
- Using the same frying pan, sauté the onion in a little oil until almost fully cooked. Add a few tablespoons of coconut milk to the pan, then add the garlic, ginger and curry spices, and gently toss until fragrant.
- Add half the can of coconut milk, then add the shrimp paste, lemongrass, chilli, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind.
- Put most of the peanuts in a blender with the remaining coconut milk (leave a few peanuts aside for garnishing). Blend until smooth and add to the curry sauce.
- Add the diced potatoes to the casserole dish and pour the curry sauce over the top. Mix to coat the beef and potatoes. Rinse the coconut can with a little water and use this water to deglaze the sauce pan. Add this liquid to the casserole dish.
- Cover with a disc of baking paper (cartouche), press down onto the meat and liquids (this will help trap and develop the flavours as it cooks). Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2.5 hours.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with fresh coriander and peanuts.
Our Grass Fed Scottish Beef Flat Iron Steak is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DPD. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £39.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax or not allow your products to pass, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it. However, you should contact us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.