Now you can have whole fresh duck delivery with London Grocery. The whole halal duck is around ~1.6 kilograms. Sourced from our farms, this fresh whole halal duck is perfect for your gourmet meals. Rich in flavour and very plump, duck has an intense taste. The whole halal duck is also ideal for roasting.
What's the Best Way to Store Fresh Whole Halal Duck?
The whole duck must be refrigerated between 0° to +4°C. Our suggestion is to cook in 24 hours for the best taste. Follow the date instructions on the product pack.
What's the Health Benefits of Eating Duck?
Although the duck has a high fat content, it is a nutritious meat. The duck has a meaty flavour and includes unsaturated fat. It can be used as a healthier substitute for other animal meat/proteins.
What's the Best Way to Cook Fresh Whole Duck?
Use this classic Roast Duck with Oranges Recipe. It's easy and delicious!
- 2 Fresh Oranges
- 1 Whole Duck
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- A few chunks of pumpkin, cut into large cubes
- 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons of an orange liqueur
- ½ Cup red wine
- 2 oranges, squeezed into juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade
- ½ tablespoons of cornflour
- First, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut one orange into large strips and set aside.
- Remove the duck skin.
- Next, place the duck into a roast tin. Place one orange cut into chunks inside the duck.
- Add slices of one onion and season the duck as preferred with salt and pepper.
- Roast around 40 mins or until cooked properly. Remove from the oven and check if there is any excess fat and juice in the roasting pan. If yes, take the excess into a small pan.
- Add pumpkin chunks and potatoes to the tin and return the duck to roast.
- Roast for another 30-45 minutes or until done properly (until golden and crisp). Rotate the tin when necessary during roasting.
- When done, transfer into a serving bowl. Cover with a foil carefully and set aside.
- Take one tablespoons of duck fat into a pan and add the other onion's slices. Fry for 3-4 mins.
- Put orange liqueur and wine into the and allow to cook for a few seconds.
- Add the juice of 1 orange and 2/3 cup cool water. Let it simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Now use a sieve to strain the sauce into another saucepan.
- Add the remaining orange strips and let simmer.
- Add cornflour, one tablespoons of cool water.
- Mix with the orange sauce and cook for 3 mins while stirring. Check if the sauce is thickened.
- Add the sauce on top of the duck in the serving bowl. Serve with roasted pumpkin or potatoes.
Our Fresh Whole Duck is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £29.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.