Buy fresh carrots online from London Grocery! They are tasty and delivered fresh!
How to Select Fresh Carrots?
Look for firm carrots with bright orange color and smooth skin. Choose medium-sized ones that taper at the ends. Thicker ones may be tough.
How to Store Your Carrots?
Carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month if stored properly. To prevent condensation from forming, wrap the carrots in a paper towel and then place them in a bag in the refrigerator, or use a perforated plastic bag.
Also did you know you can freeze your carrots? They can be peeled, cut up, blanched, and then frozen to preserve them for approximately a year!
Benefits of a Carrot
Carrots are rich in vitamins (especially vitamin A), minerals, and fiber. They are also a good source of antioxidants. Carrots boosts your eye health, aids weight loss, lowers blood pressure and with its silicone content can promote healthy skin and nails!
What is the Best Recipe for Carrots?
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Prepare your baking pans by spraying them with oil, then placing a cut piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom on the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Once the oven has preheated, add the plant milk, oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix in with a wooden spoon so that it is mostly combined. Some dry patches are ok.
- Fold in the grated carrot and chopped walnuts (if using).
- Divide the cake between the prepared pans and gently spread the batter to fill the pans and flatten the top.
- Bake at 180 ºC until a tester comes out clean and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Approx. 34-36 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes, then gently turn out of pan. Peel off the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake, then flip upright on a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the cakes on cardboard rounds and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate to chill before frosting.
You can try to juice these carrots. It is super for vision health!
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DPD. We offer next day shipping to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £150.00. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax or not allow your products to pass, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it. However, you should contact us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.