Buy Fresh Flat Iron Steak Online with London Grocery! This steak is rich in flavour and is tender and juicy!
What Part of Beef Is Flat Iron Steak?
Flat Iron Steak cut is from the shoulder of a beef animal.
What's the Best Recipe for Scottish Beef Flat Iron Steak?
Try Beef Massaman Curry!
- 750g Beef Steak
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp rice bran oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 large onion – cut into chunks or thin wedges
- 400g can coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1 cm ginger – finely chopped or grated
- 1/3 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp shrimp paste (or 1 extra Tbsp fish sauce)
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass paste (or add 2 Tbsp lime juice at end)
- ½ finely chopped chilli (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar (or other sugar)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste (or 3 Tbsp lime juice)
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts – toasted
- 2 large waxy potatoes – peeled and diced
- Fresh coriander and jasmine rice - to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Pan fry in batches in hot oil until browned all over, remove and place in a casserole dish.
- Using the same frying pan, sauté the onion in a little oil until almost fully cooked. Add a few tablespoons of coconut milk to the pan, then add the garlic, ginger and curry spices, and gently toss until fragrant.
- Add half the can of coconut milk, then add the shrimp paste, lemongrass, chilli, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind.
- Put most of the peanuts in a blender with the remaining coconut milk (leave a few peanuts aside for garnishing). Blend until smooth and add to the curry sauce.
- Add the diced potatoes to the casserole dish and pour the curry sauce over the top. Mix to coat the beef and potatoes. Rinse the coconut can with a little water and use this water to deglaze the sauce pan. Add this liquid to the casserole dish.
- Cover with a disc of baking paper (cartouche), press down onto the meat and liquids (this will help trap and develop the flavours as it cooks). Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2.5 hours.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with fresh coriander and peanuts.
Our Grass Fed Scottish Beef Flat Iron Steak is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.