Now you can have whole fresh duck delivery with London Grocery. The whole duck is around ~1.6 kilograms. Sourced from our farms, this fresh whole duck is perfect for your gourmet meals. Rich in flavour and very plump, the duck has an intense taste. The whole duck is ideal for roasting.
What's the Best Way to Store Fresh Whole Duck?
The whole duck must be refrigerated between 0° to +4°C. Our suggestion is to cook in 24 hours for the best taste. Follow the date instructions on the product pack.
What's the Health Benefits of Eating Duck?
Although the duck has a high fat content, it is a nutritious meat. The duck has a meaty flavour and includes unsaturated fat. It can be used as a healthier substitute for other animal meat/proteins.
What's the Best Way to Cook Fresh Whole Duck?
Use this classic Roast Duck with Oranges Recipe. It's easy and delicious!
- 2 Fresh Oranges
- 1 Whole Duck
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- A few chunks of pumpkin, cut into large cubes
- 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons of an orange liqueur
- ½ Cup red wine
- 2 oranges, squeezed into juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade
- ½ tablespoons of cornflour
- First, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut one orange into large strips and set aside.
- Remove the duck skin.
- Next, place the duck into a roast tin. Place one orange cut into chunks inside the duck.
- Add slices of one onion and season the duck as preferred with salt and pepper.
- Roast around 40 mins or until cooked properly. Remove from the oven and check if there is any excess fat and juice in the roasting pan. If yes, take the excess into a small pan.
- Add pumpkin chunks and potatoes to the tin and return the duck to roast.
- Roast for another 30-45 minutes or until done properly (until golden and crisp). Rotate the tin when necessary during roasting.
- When done, transfer into a serving bowl. Cover with a foil carefully and set aside.
- Take one tablespoons of duck fat into a pan and add the other onion's slices. Fry for 3-4 mins.
- Put orange liqueur and wine into the and allow to cook for a few seconds.
- Add the juice of 1 orange and 2/3 cup cool water. Let it simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Now use a sieve to strain the sauce into another saucepan.
- Add the remaining orange strips and let simmer.
- Add cornflour, one tablespoons of cool water.
- Mix with the orange sauce and cook for 3 mins while stirring. Check if the sauce is thickened.
- Add the sauce on top of the duck in the serving bowl. Serve with roasted pumpkin or potatoes.