Guava is a tropical fruit. It has a juicy flesh and a fresh fragrance. Make it a fresh fruit salad, a mock-tail or enjoy as a plain snack. Guavas are delicious in any way.
What's the Best Way to Store Guava Fruit?
If the guava is unripe, allow to ripen at room temperature. When ripe, store in the refrigerator.
What are the Vitamin Contents of Guava?
Guava is rich in Vitamin C, potassium and dietary fibers.
What's the Best Recipe with Guava?
Try this easy Guava Jam recipe! It has a traditional taste.
- Wash guavas and dry them. Cut into small chunks.
- Add water to a pan and boil the guavas until they are soft.
- When done, using a sieve, mash the cooked guavas to remove seeds.
- Add salt, sugar and lemon juice and the guava extract in a pot.
- Over medium heat, let boil. Stir well.
- As the mixture thickens, reduce the heat.
- When the mixture is jam-thick, turn off the heat.
- Put in jars and close tightly. Turn upside down until the jars cool completely.
- When they are cool, place in the refrigerator.
- Allow 1-2 days.