How to Select the Best Lemons?
Choose lemons with firm, thin, smooth skin, heavy for size.
How to Keep Lemons Fresh?
Refrigerate lemons for up to 2 weeks.
What are the Nutrition Benefits of Lemons?
Lemons are fat free; saturated fat free; sodium free; cholesterol free; low calorie; high in vitamin C.
What's the Best Recipe to Try with Lemons?
Check out this lemon drizzle cake recipe! You'll love the fresh smell >>
- 200g butter, unsalted and softened at room temp.
- 180 gr caster sugar, golden
- 100 gr brown granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 lemons, grated zest and the juice
- 130g yogurt
- 110g granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- Mix the butter and caster sugar for 5 mins using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one by one and continue beating.
- Add flour, baking powder, lemon zest and yogurt.
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin (buttered) and bake until golden.
- Now, mix the juice of lemons with granulated sugar in a bow. When you remove the cake from the oven, make holes all over the top of it using a skewer.
- Add the lemon mixture on top of it and let cool.