Shop apricots online from London Grocery. We deliver hand-picked and sweet apricots at your home.
What's the Best Way to Store Apricots?
If apricots are still unripe, keep them in room temperature. If apricots are ripe, keep in refrigerator.
What's the Best Recipe with Apricots?
We love this soft and yummy Apricot Cake!
- 500gr apricots, in halves, core removed.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Lemon peels (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- Puree the apricots and lemon peels in a food processor. You can save 3-4 apricots for decoration.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and flour. Mix.
- Lastly, add apricots.
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF.
- Use butter to grease a pyrex or cake pan. Put the mixture in the pan.
- If you had saved any apricots, decorate the top of the batter with them.
- Bake 30-40 mins. Make a toothpick test to make sure cooks well.
What are the Nutrition Benefits of Apricots?
Apricots are good sources of vitamins A and C, and they also contain vitamin E and iron. They include diet fibers, too.