Shop green beans online on London Grocery! We deliver fresh green beans for you!
How to Select Best Green Beans?
You should look for brightly colored beans that snap easily when bent. Select beans of similar size and shape for stable cooking time.
How to Store Fresh Green Beans?
You can refrigerate them in a plastic bag up to one week!
Health Benefits of Green Beans
Green beans are crunchy, low-calorie food and also they provide many key nutrients. Young, tender green beans are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin K and silicon (needed for healthy bones, skin, and hair).
Runner Bean Chutney Recipe
- 2 lbs runner beans
- 4 or 5 onions
- 1 ½ lbs demerara sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornflour
- 1 ½ pints malt vinegar
- Peal onions and cut small.
- Slice beans and boil together with onions in salted water until both are tender.
- Strain and drain well then cut up small or put through mincer.
- Add sugar and 1 ¼ pints vinegar and boil for 15 minutes.
- Mix turmeric, mustard and cornflour with the remaining vinegar add to the bean & onions
- Boil for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and put into sterilized jars.
Indian Chef's Advice
You can easily jazz up this runner bean chutney recipe. All you need are a couple of Indian spices. Just add a pinch of each of these and see which flavor you prefer the most. Try these ones:
- Chilli powder or hot paprika
- Garam masala spice mix
- Curry powder