Buy Fresh Topside Beef Online with London Grocery
How to Select Best Topside Beef?
One of the very first things to look for when selecting topside beef steak is whether the beef comes from a cow that was pasture raised. Pasture raised cows are those which have spent the majority of their lives on green pastures rather than being confined indoors. Cows that have been pasture raised have, on average, a much more naturally nutritious grass based diet and lived lives that are happier and less stressful.
How to Store Fresh Topside Beef?
You can store it with paper wrap/plastic bag or tray for 1-2 days in fridge and 6-12 months in freezer.
What are Topside Beef's Health Benefits?
If you’re looking to increase your intake of various minerals, then beef is one of the best options to consider. First of all, beef is relatively nutrient-dense in minerals. Beef provides more than half of the day’s recommended amount of selenium and zinc. Many people have deficiency issues with some of these minerals. So, the nutritional value of beef can help fight prevalent global deficiencies in iron, magnesium, and zinc.
What's the Best Recipe For Topside Beef?
Herb Crusted Topside Roast
- 1.2 kg topside roast
- 12 French shallots, peeled, halved
- 3 large carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 800g potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 20g butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup full-cream milk
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- Steamed sugar snap peas and pre-made gravy, to serve
- Preheat oven to 240°C (220° fan-forced).
- Arrange shallots and carrots in a large roasting pan. In a small bowl combine oil, garlic, mustard and herbs. Season, stir to combine and spread over beef. Place beef on top of vegetables and pour stock and wine around the base.
- Place beef in oven and reduce heat immediately to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Roast in oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until cooked to your liking, covering top of roast with foil if over browning. Remove roast from oven, set beef aside on a tray and cover with foil. Rest for 15 minutes. Return vegetables to oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Season. Mash with butter and milk until smooth. Stir through parmesan.
- Slice beef and serve with shallots, carrots, parmesan mash, sugar snaps and gravy.