Buy fresh thyme online from London Grocery! They are the best thyme in London!
How to Select Fresh Thyme?
Select fresh thyme with bright-colored leaves. When crushed the leaves should be fragrant. Or select a bunch with abundant, bright green leaf clusters on long stems featuring multiple sprigs.
How to Store & Keep Thyme Fresh?
Store fresh thyme loosely wrapped in a damp paper towel, inside a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator, for up to two weeks. Discard once the leaves begin to turn brown. Once removed from the stem, thyme leaves will stay fresh in a small sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Thyme is Good For You!
Getting all the vitamins your body needs every day can be challenging. Luckily, thyme is packed with vitamin C and is also a good source of vitamin A. If you feel a cold coming on, thyme can help get you back in good health. Another health benefit of thyme: It's a good source of copper, fiber, iron, and manganese.
What is the Best Recipe for Thyme?
Lemon & Thyme Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, making sure not to burn the garlic. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and thyme leaves to the pan. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Place the chicken in the baking dish along with the lemon wedges and the two sprigs of thyme.
- Place into the oven and bake, basting occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle the pan sauce on top of the slices of chicken and serve.