Buy Fresh Red Tamarillo Fruit Online with London Grocery!
How to Select Best Tamarillos?
Look for smooth, shiny skin that are uniform in color and heavy for their size.
How to Store Fresh Tamarillo?
Keep tamarillo's at room temperature.
What are Tamarillo's Health Benefits?
Tamarillo is packed with vitamins A, C, E and pro-vitamin A. It has a good source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. Other nutrients in tamarillo are carbohydrates, protein, fat, calcium, potassium and sodium. It also contains minerals such as, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron. It is fortified with many nutrients that help improve the immune system.
How to Cut Fresh Delivered Tamarillo?
Scoop the flesh out of the tamarillo or remove the skin and cut in slices.
What's the Best Recipe For Tamarillo?
Tuna Tartare with Avocado & Tamarillo
- Cut the lime in half. Squeeze the juice from the fruit.
- Cut the avocado all the way around, going as deep as the stone. Twist until you can pull the 2 halves apart. Remove the stone with a spoon. Peel the avocado or scoop the flesh out.
- Mash the avocado together with half the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tuna into small cubes.
- Mix the tuna with the other half of the lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Cut the cucumber into very small cubes.
- Peel the tamarillo and cut into little cubes.
- Create layers in a small glass. Start with the avocado, then the tuna and then the cucumber and tamarillo.