Buy sweet potatoes from London Grocery! Best sweet potatoes in London!
How to Select Sweet Potatoes?
Choose small to medium-size firm sweet potatoes with smooth skin and no bruises or cracks.
How to Store Sweet Potatoes?
Avoid storing sweet potatoes in the refrigerator, which will produce a hard center and unpleasant taste.Instead, store your sweet potatoes in a cool, dry, well ventilated container. For best results, store them in a basement or root cellar away from strong heat sources. Sweet potatoes can last for up to two weeks if stored properly.
Sweet Potatoes Health Benefits
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they're a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.
Best Recipe for Sweet Potatoes
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium-large or 3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional spices: freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and/or garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with racks in the lower and upper thirds of the oven. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper so the fries don’t get stuck to the pans.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fry-shaped pieces about ¼″ wide and ¼″ thick. Try to cut them into similarly sized pieces so the fries will bake evenly. Transfer half of the uncooked fries to one baking sheet, and the other half to the other baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the sweet potato fries with the cornstarch (use 1 ½ teaspoons per pan) and salt (¼ teaspoon per pan). Toss until the fries are lightly coated in powder. Drizzle the olive oil over the fries (1 tablespoon per pan) and toss until the fries are lightly and evenly coated in oil, and no powdery spots remain.
- Arrange your fries in a single layer and don’t overcrowd; otherwise they will never crisp up. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the fries so they can cook on all sides.
- Arrange the fries in even layers across the pans again, moving any particularly browned fries more toward the middle of the pan so they don’t get overcooked. Return the pans to the oven, swapping their positions.
- Bake for 10 to 18 more minutes, or until the fries are crispy. You’ll know they’re almost done when the surface of the fries change from shiny orange to a more matte, puffed up texture. Keep an eye on them, as they can turn from crisp to burnt quickly. Sometimes the lower pan will be done a few minutes before the top pan. Don’t worry if the edges are a little bit brown; they will taste more caramelized than burnt.
- If desired, toss the baked fries with seasonings, to taste. I like to use lots of freshly ground black pepper, and a scant ¼ teaspoon each cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Serve warm!
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £35 within the UK!
We apply £9.99 delivery fee for orders below £35.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £9.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £35.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.