Buy Fresh Star Gooseberry Online with London Grocery.
What's the Best Way to Store Fresh Star Gooseberry?
Keep the fruits at room temperature if you are planning to consume soon. For a longer storage period, place the fruits in an airtight container and refrigerate.
How to Cut Star Gooseberries?
Cut in halves and remove the stone inside. Alternatively, you can prefer cutting from the bottom part of the fruit.
What's the Best Recipe for Star Gooseberries?
Try Gooseberry Syrup recipe! It's delicious!
- 4 Cups of Gooseberries
- 2 Cups of brown sugar
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Stick of Cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of ground clove
- Add sugar, water, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove inside a pot.
- Over low heat, continue stirring until the mixture boils and clears. Set aside.
- In another pot, put gooseberries in clear water to and get to boil to make them blanche. When boils, remove from the heat and drain.
- Next, add the star gooseberries into the syrup and boil around 1 hour on low heat.
- You can add more spices if you prefer. When done, remove from the heat (when the mixture gets thick).
What are Health Benefits of Star Gooseberries?
Gooseberries are low in calories and packed with nutrients. They include Vitamin C, diet fibers, Vitamin B5 and Copper.