Shop red onion online on London Grocery! You can buy fresh red onion online now!
How to Store Red Onions?
Storing them in a cool, dry, dark, and well-ventilated room or cabinet is the way to go. Avoid keeping them in plastic or cloth bags, and instead opt for a mesh bag or a box with holes or slats to ensure they get enough ventilation. But if you peel them then you should put them in a airtight container and refrigerate. They can last in the fridge this way for up to two weeks.
Health Benefits of Red Onions
Raw onion is known to lower the production of LDL (bad cholesterol) so it will keep your health healthy. With its vitamin C it can help you to build immunity. The vitamin C also helps formation of collagen that is responsible for skin and hair health. And chromium, also present in this root vegetable, may help regulate blood sugar.
Best Recipe for Red Onions
Tomato, Basil and Red Onion Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed julienned or chopped fresh basil (about 5 large leaves)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes and onions together to combine. Drizzle with olive oil mixture and sprinkle with basil. Gently stir to combine.