Superb quality, wonderful taste and great selection! Order Fresh Whole Octopus from the best seafood store of the UK through London Grocery for the best quality.
What Are the Nutrients in Octopus?
Our fresh Octopus is an excellent source of protein. 100 grams of Octopus have approximately 29 grams of protein! It is also packed with vitamin B6 and B12, selenium and iron.
What’s the Best Recipe With Octopus ?
Here is a perfect recipe to prepare a healthy balanced plate: Octopus with Green Asparagus and Mashed Potatoes!
- Boil the whole octopus in salty water for 30-35 minutes.
- Drain the octopus and then let it cool for an hour.
- Cut the whole octopus into pieces.
- Drizzle the octopus pieces with olive oil, sprinkle some salt and paprika powder.
- Grill the octopus on a hot grill pan for about 4 or 5 minute per side.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
Boil the potatoes until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Dice onions and peppers.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil. Add pepper and spring onions and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Mash potatoes and stir in butter and milk. Add the cooked vegetables and stir well.
- Trim the ends of asparagus.
- In a pan, melt the butter and oil over medium-high heat until foaming. Add asparagus and cook, turning frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve the grilled octopus, potatoes and asparagus on a plate and enjoy!