Mussels are a type of shellfish that are prized for their tender, sweet flesh and delicate flavor. They are found in oceans and freshwater bodies around the world, and are often harvested and enjoyed as a seafood delicacy.
Mussels can be prepared in a variety of ways, including steamed, grilled, or baked. They can also be used as an ingredient in stews, soups, and pasta dishes. Many people enjoy mussels as a special treat, served with a side of crusty bread and a glass of white wine.
What Are the Nutrients in Mussels?
Mussels are rich in Protein, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc and Folic acid. 100 grams of cooked mussels is approximately 86 calories with 15 grams of protein. They are loaded with nutrients such as Omega 3 fats and Selenium, meeting the entire daily vitamin B12 requirement.
What’s the Best Recipe With Fresh Mussels?
Give our favorite Stuffed Mussels (Midye Dolma) recipe here a chance and have a delicious snack! It is a popular street food snack in Turkey. You will love it!
- 225 grams of rice
- 40-50 fresh mussels
- 4 medium sized onions
- 50 gram pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2.5 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of allspice (pimento)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 bunch of dill
- Wash the mussels in plenty of water.
- Open the ends with a sharp knife, without separating the adjacent, shelled parts from each other.
- Soak the shelled mussels in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- After washing the mussels in plenty of water and straining the water, keep them in a separate place.
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes in lukewarm and salty water.
- Chop the onion into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and roast the pine nuts until they turn a light color.
- After adding the rice, continue roasting on low heat.
- Add drained and rinsed salt, pepper, allspice, freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar and mix.
- Add the hot water and cook on low heat so that the rice remains slightly fresh. After adding finely chopped dill, put the warm rice aside and rest.
- Fill the inner parts of the mussels with a teaspoon of rice and cover them tightly.
- Put the stuffed mussels in a pot, facing down. Drizzle olive oil over them. To add weight, put a plate on the mussels and pour hot water over them. Cook for 25-30 minutes over low heat.
- When it is cooked, squeeze lemon juice over the stuffed mussels and share with your loved ones preferably cold. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DPD. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £39.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax or not allow your products to pass, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it. However, you should contact us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.