Buy Fresh Mussels Online with London Grocery
Fresh Mussels: Low in calories; low in fat!
What Are the Nutrients in Mussels?
Mussels are rich in Protein, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc and Folic acid. 100 grams of cooked mussels is approximately 86 calories with 15 grams of protein. They are loaded with nutrients such as Omega 3 fats and Selenium, meeting the entire daily vitamin B12 requirement.
What’s the Best Recipe With Fresh Mussels?
Give our favorite Stuffed Mussels (Midye Dolma) recipe here a chance and have a delicious snack! It is a popular street food snack in Turkey. You will love it!
- 225 grams of rice
- 40-50 fresh mussels
- 4 medium sized onions
- 50 gram pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2.5 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of allspice (pimento)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 bunch of dill
- Wash the mussels in plenty of water.
- Open the ends with a sharp knife, without separating the adjacent, shelled parts from each other.
- Soak the shelled mussels in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- After washing the mussels in plenty of water and straining the water, keep them in a separate place.
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes in lukewarm and salty water.
- Chop the onion into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and roast the pine nuts until they turn a light color.
- After adding the rice, continue roasting on low heat.
- Add drained and rinsed salt, pepper, allspice, freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar and mix.
- Add the hot water and cook on low heat so that the rice remains slightly fresh. After adding finely chopped dill, put the warm rice aside and rest.
- Fill the inner parts of the mussels with a teaspoon of rice and cover them tightly.
- Put the stuffed mussels in a pot, facing down. Drizzle olive oil over them. To add weight, put a plate on the mussels and pour hot water over them. Cook for 25-30 minutes over low heat.
- When it is cooked, squeeze lemon juice over the stuffed mussels and share with your loved ones preferably cold. Enjoy!