Buy fresh mushrooms online from London Grocery! They are the best mushrooms in London ;)
How to Select Fresh Mushrooms?
Select mushrooms that are firm with a fresh, smooth appearance. The surfaces of the mushroom should be dry, but not dried out, and appear plump.
How to Store Mushrooms?
Fresh mushrooms should never be frozen!
Store mushrooms in original packaging or in a porous paper bag for prolonged shelf life. Mushrooms may keep for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Nutritional and Health Benefits of Mushrooms
They’re fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are a good source of the following nutrients: antioxidants, beta glucan, B vitamins, copper, potassium.
Tasty Vegetarian Recipe That You Should Try: Portobello & Blue Cheese
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Portobello or flat mushrooms
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 25g blue cheese
- 1 ciabatta bread roll
- handful rocket leaves
- oven fries, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the onion with the oil and vinegar, spread on a baking tray, then put the mushrooms on top, stem-side up, and scatter over the thyme and some seasoning. Cook in the oven for 15 mins, until starting to soften and caramelize.
- Crumble the cheese into the cavity of the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Split the ciabatta roll in half and lightly toast. Top with a handful of rocket, the sticky onions and the cheese-topped mushrooms. Serve with oven fries, if you like.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-18:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £35 within the UK!
We apply £9.99 delivery fee for orders below £35.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £9.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £35.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.