Buy fresh mushrooms online from London Grocery! They are the best mushrooms in London ;)
How to Select Fresh Mushrooms?
Select mushrooms that are firm with a fresh, smooth appearance. The surfaces of the mushroom should be dry, but not dried out, and appear plump.
How to Store Mushrooms?
Fresh mushrooms should never be frozen!
Store mushrooms in original packaging or in a porous paper bag for prolonged shelf life. Mushrooms may keep for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Nutritional and Health Benefits of Mushrooms
They’re fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are a good source of the following nutrients: antioxidants, beta glucan, B vitamins, copper, potassium.
Tasty Vegetarian Recipe That You Should Try: Portobello & Blue Cheese
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Portobello or flat mushrooms
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 25g blue cheese
- 1 ciabatta bread roll
- handful rocket leaves
- oven fries, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the onion with the oil and vinegar, spread on a baking tray, then put the mushrooms on top, stem-side up, and scatter over the thyme and some seasoning. Cook in the oven for 15 mins, until starting to soften and caramelize.
- Crumble the cheese into the cavity of the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Split the ciabatta roll in half and lightly toast. Top with a handful of rocket, the sticky onions and the cheese-topped mushrooms. Serve with oven fries, if you like.