Buy lettuce online on London Grocery! Your lettuces delivered fresh!
How to Select Fresh Lettuce?
Choose a head with its dark green outer leaves intact and that's healthy looking. Avoid overly large heads of romaine, which may have tough, fibrous leaves.
How to Store and Keep Lettuce Fresh?
- Wash your lettuce, and remove any damaged leaves.
- Dry your lettuce thoroughly.
- Wrap the lettuce in a dry paper towel and place it in a plastic bag or storage container.
- To maintain the proper temperature and moisture level, store your lettuce in the crisper drawer in your fridge.
- Replace the paper towel anytime it feels especially wet. This is the key to keeping your lettuce from getting slimy.
- Check your lettuce every day or two. Remove any leaves that are beginning to go bad. This will keep the rest of the lettuce from spoiling.
- Loose lettuce leaves should be used within seven to ten days.
Health Benefits of Iceberg Lettuce
Lettuce is particularly rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and other nutrients like vitamins A and K and potassium. This leafy green veggie helps fight inflammation and other related diseases like diabetes and cancer.
Best Recipe for Lettuce
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.