Fresh Whole Jackfruit online from London Grocery. Whole and fresh, jackfruit is used in many recipes and it is a power fruit. It's also a tropical fruit with sweet taste. We deliver fresh whole jackfruit at your door in London.
What's the Vitamin Contents of Jackfruit?
Jackfruit is a good source of vitamin C and Vitamin B. Jackfruit also include folate, niacin, riboflavin, potassium, and magnesium.
What's the Best Way for Cutting Jackfruit?
Before cutting a jackfruit, prepare a safe space on the kitchen counter, since the process can be a bit messy. You can use a plastic wrap beforehand under the jackfruit and place a cutting board on the wrap.
- Use gloves to avoid the sticky texture of the fruit.
- Use a sharp knife and coat its surface using olive oil or any other cooking oil you have. After you oil the knife, your hands and the knife will be slippery so take extra caution to avoid any accidents. TAKE EXTRA CAUTION!
- Starting from the end, cut around 5cm wide round slices.
- After slicing is complete, core the rounds.
- The yellow sections (pods) around the core are the edible parts.
- Separate the edible yellow pieces from the core.
- Remove the white pulps around the yellow pods.
- Open the yellow pods and remove the seeds inside.