Buy Fresh Organic Whole Plain Chicken Online with London Grocery
Whole plain chicken is a staple protein source for many households around the world. It is a versatile ingredient that can be cooked in a variety of ways and used in a wide range of dishes. A whole chicken typically includes the breast, legs, wings, and other parts.
When it comes to cooking whole plain chicken, there are many different methods to choose from. It can be roasted, grilled, baked, or even cooked in a slow cooker. Whole chicken is also a popular ingredient in soups and stews, and the leftover meat can be used in sandwiches, salads, and other dishes.
How to Store Whole Plain Chicken?
A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can stay in your refrigerator for up to 2 days before it should be cooked. Once it’s cooked, you should use it or freeze the leftovers within 3 days. If you won’t be ready to cook the chicken within 2 days, you should put it in the freezer. A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 year before the quality starts to decrease.
What's the Health Benefits of Free Range Chicken?
A chicken breast from a free-range chicken can supply more than 50% of the body's daily protein needs. Chickens that are free to roam around have more amount of other vitamins and minerals like Vitamins B, D, A, Potassium, and Sodium.
Here is the Recipe for Best Roast Chicken
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme, plus 20 sprigs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots, and fennel in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the vegetables.
Our Whole Plain Chicken is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DPD. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £39.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax or not allow your products to pass, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it. However, you should contact us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.