Fresh, juicy and sweet green gage plum. Hand-picked and carefully selected for London Grocery.
What's the Best Way to Store Greengage Fruit?
If the greengages are still unripe, keep at room temperature. When they are fully ripened, store in the refrigerator.
What's the Best of Greengage Recipes?
We love this greengage plum jam recipe!
- 500gr Greengage Plums
- 400gr Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash the plums, cut in halves and remove the stone.
- Mix with sugar and lemon juice and set aside for 2-3 hours.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and bring to boil. Cook 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the prepared jars.
- Seal tight and securely and turn upside down of 15 minutes.
- Turn back and let cool.
- When completely cool, store the jars in the refrigerator.
Are the Greengages Good for You?
Fresh greengage plums contain vitamins A, C and K. They also include minerals such as potassium and phosphorus.