Shop fennel online on London Grocery! Buy online fennel near you!
How to Select Fresh Fennel?
Look for fennel with fresh-looking greens on long branches. The bulbs should be bright white with no discolorations or soft spots.
How to Store Fennel?
If you’re storing fennel in the fridge, you’ll want to separate the stalks from the bulb and store the two parts separately in plastic bags. For a non-plastic option, try storing fennel upright in a cup of water on the counter. Either way, try to use your fennel within a few days.
Nutrition and Benefits of Fennel
It helps to regulate blood pressure, reduce water retention, fennel tea for constipation and fennel seeds reduce asthma symptoms!
Best Recipe for Fennel
- 2 fennel bulbs (thick base of stalk), stalks cut off, bulbs halved lengthwise, then cut lengthwise in 1-inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (or more) balsamic vinegar
- Toss fennel wedges with olive oil and balsamic: Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Place the fennel wedges in a bowl and toss them with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, just enough to coat them. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, again just enough to coat.
- Roast the fennel: Line a roasting pan or aluminum foil brushed with olive oil. Arrange the fennel wedges on the pan and roast them at 400°F (205°C) for 40 minutes or until the fennel wedges are cooked through and beginning to caramelize at the edges.