Buy Fresh Chicken Liver 1 kg Online with London Grocery
How to Store Fresh Chicken Liver?
You can freeze liver for later storage. Lamb and chicken liver will keep fresh up to 2 months in the freezer. Chicken liver doesn't keep well in the freezer because the delicate meat has the tendency to break down during defrosting but it can be stored in the freezer too.
What's the Health Benefits of Halal Chicken Liver?
Livers are loaded with iron to give you energy and a treasure trove of certain B vitamins, most notably B12. This nutritional profile makes them a good choice for anyone prone to anaemia. Chicken livers are also one of the top sources of vitamin A, which helps eye health.
What's the Best Recipe for Chicken Liver?
Chicken Liver Pâté
- 400 g chicken livers
- 300 g butter, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 small brown shallots or ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g butter, for topping
- Trim the chicken livers of any stringy sinews, then rinse them and gently pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Melt 30 g of the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the livers and thyme, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes, or until the livers are coloured on the outside but pink in the centre. Pour in the brandy, cook for an extra 10 seconds, then add the remaining butter and nutmeg to the pan.
- Set aside for a few minutes for the butter to soften, then puree the mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the pâté into a 750 ml capacity terrine dish and chill. Melt the extra butter and pour a little over the pâté. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating. Serve with crusty bread or hot toast.
Our Chicken Liver is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.