Buy fresh celery online from London Grocery!
Celery is a crunchy and refreshing vegetable that is a popular choice for salads, soups, and snacks. It has a distinctive flavor that is both slightly bitter and slightly sweet, with a refreshing aftertaste.
Celery is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great choice for those who are looking to maintain a healthy diet. It is also packed with nutrients, including vitamin K, vitamin C, and potassium, which are essential for maintaining strong bones, healthy skin, and proper heart function.
How to Select Fresh Celery?
Choose firm, tightly packed stalks with medium-thick ribs that are crisp enough to break apart easily. The leaves should not be wilted and they should be a bright, yet pale green color.
How to Store & Keep Celery Fresh?
Keep it whole, wrap it in aluminum foil, and store it in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. The vegetable will lose less moisture when kept whole for as long as possible, and the foil should be tight enough that moisture can’t escape, but not so tight that it crumples the stalks.
Health Benefits of Celery & Celery Juice
- Great source of important antioxidants
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports digestion
- Rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index
- Alkalizing effect
What is the Best Recipe for Celery?
Recipe For Celery Juice (With Blender)
- Separate and wash the celery stalks. Shake off any extra water.
- Cut the leaves off the top of the stalks. (Most of the bitterness comes from the leaves.)
- Roughly chop the celery into pieces.
- Place the chopped celery in the blender. Make sure the lid is on tight. Puree on high until the celery is smooth mush.
- Place the mesh strainer over a glass. Pour the celery pulp into the strainer and wait for the juice to separate down below.
- When it starts to slow, press the celery pulp with a spoon to squeeze out all the juice. Discard the pulp.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DPD. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £39.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax or not allow your products to pass, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it. However, you should contact us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.