Buy fresh celery online from London Grocery!
How to Select Fresh Celery?
Choose firm, tightly packed stalks with medium-thick ribs that are crisp enough to break apart easily. The leaves should not be wilted and they should be a bright, yet pale green color.
How to Store & Keep Celery Fresh?
Keep it whole, wrap it in aluminum foil, and store it in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. The vegetable will lose less moisture when kept whole for as long as possible, and the foil should be tight enough that moisture can’t escape, but not so tight that it crumples the stalks.
Health Benefits of Celery & Celery Juice
- Great source of important antioxidants
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports digestion
- Rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index
- Alkalizing effect
What is the Best Recipe for Celery?
Recipe For Celery Juice (With Blender)
- Separate and wash the celery stalks. Shake off any extra water.
- Cut the leaves off the top of the stalks. (Most of the bitterness comes from the leaves.)
- Roughly chop the celery into pieces.
- Place the chopped celery in the blender. Make sure the lid is on tight. Puree on high until the celery is smooth mush.
- Place the mesh strainer over a glass. Pour the celery pulp into the strainer and wait for the juice to separate down below.
- When it starts to slow, press the celery pulp with a spoon to squeeze out all the juice. Discard the pulp.