Shop cauliflowers online on London Grocery! Cauliflowers delivered fresh for you!
How to Select Fresh Cauliflowers?
Cauliflower heads should be firm and tightly closed. White varieties should be very pale, with no dark “sunburned” spots. Reject any heads that show signs of softness, that's the start of spoilage.
How to Store & Keep Cauliflowers Fresh?
Refrigerate cauliflower in plastic bag. Whole heads of cauliflower can be kept in a loosely sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for 4 to 7 days. Precut florets should be stored for no more than 4 days.
Health Benefits of Cauliflowers
- Fat free; saturated fat free
- Very low sodium
- Cholesterol free
- Low calorie
- High in vitamin C
- Good source of folate
Best Recipe for Cauliflowers
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-size florets (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper on a baking sheet; sprinkle with the salt and thyme and toss again. Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.