Buy fresh carrots online from London Grocery! They are tasty and delivered fresh!
How to Select Fresh Carrots?
Look for firm carrots with bright orange color and smooth skin. Choose medium-sized ones that taper at the ends. Thicker ones may be tough.
How to Store Your Carrots?
Carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month if stored properly. To prevent condensation from forming, wrap the carrots in a paper towel and then place them in a bag in the refrigerator, or use a perforated plastic bag.
Also did you know you can freeze your carrots? They can be peeled, cut up, blanched, and then frozen to preserve them for approximately a year!
Benefits of a Carrot
Carrots are rich in vitamins (especially vitamin A), minerals, and fiber. They are also a good source of antioxidants. Carrots boosts your eye health, aids weight loss, lowers blood pressure and with its silicone content can promote healthy skin and nails!
What is the Best Recipe for Carrots?
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Prepare your baking pans by spraying them with oil, then placing a cut piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom on the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Once the oven has preheated, add the plant milk, oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix in with a wooden spoon so that it is mostly combined. Some dry patches are ok.
- Fold in the grated carrot and chopped walnuts (if using).
- Divide the cake between the prepared pans and gently spread the batter to fill the pans and flatten the top.
- Bake at 180 ºC until a tester comes out clean and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Approx. 34-36 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes, then gently turn out of pan. Peel off the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake, then flip upright on a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the cakes on cardboard rounds and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate to chill before frosting.
You can try to juice these carrots. It is super for vision health!