Buy fresh broccoli online from London Grocery! They are best broccoli in London!
How to Select Fresh Broccoli?
Choose broccoli heads with tight, green florets and firm stalks. The broccoli should feel heavy for its size. The cut ends of the stalks should be fresh and moist looking. Avoid broccoli with dried out or browning stem ends or yellowing florets.
How to Store & Keep Broccoli Fresh?
Consume fresh broccoli as soon as you can as it will not keep long. To store, mist the unwashed heads, wrap loosely in damp paper towels, and refrigerate. Use within 2 to 3 days. Do not store broccoli in a sealed container or plastic bag.
Nutrients of Broccoli
Broccoli is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium.
Best Recipe for Broccoli
Broccoli & Stilton Soup Recipe
- 350g/12oz broccoli, florets and stalks cut into small pieces
- 400ml/14fl oz vegetable stock
- 25g/1oz butter
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g/1¾oz Stilton, crumbled, or to taste
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
For the croutons;
- 4 slices French bread
- 100g/3½oz Stilton, sliced
- For the soup, place the pieces of broccoli into a glass bowl. Pour over the vegetable stock.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the microwave. Cook on full power for four minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan until hot then add the butter. When it starts to foam, add the spring onions and cook for one minute.
- Transfer the cooked broccoli and stock to a food processor. Add the fried spring onions, Stilton and cream and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and bring gently to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, for the croûtons, toast the French bread under a grill until golden-brown on each side.
- Top the grilled bread with the slices of Stilton and return to the grill until golden-brown and bubbling.
- Season the soup with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Divide the soup equally among four warm bowls and top each with a Stilton croûton. Serve.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders within the UK!
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
In order to keep our transportation costs manageable, our minimum order amount is £40.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.