Buy fresh broccoli online from London Grocery! They are best broccoli in London!
How to Select Fresh Broccoli?
Choose broccoli heads with tight, green florets and firm stalks. The broccoli should feel heavy for its size. The cut ends of the stalks should be fresh and moist looking. Avoid broccoli with dried out or browning stem ends or yellowing florets.
How to Store & Keep Broccoli Fresh?
Consume fresh broccoli as soon as you can as it will not keep long. To store, mist the unwashed heads, wrap loosely in damp paper towels, and refrigerate. Use within 2 to 3 days. Do not store broccoli in a sealed container or plastic bag.
Nutrients of Broccoli
Broccoli is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium.
Best Recipe for Broccoli
Broccoli & Stilton Soup Recipe
- 350g/12oz broccoli, florets and stalks cut into small pieces
- 400ml/14fl oz vegetable stock
- 25g/1oz butter
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g/1¾oz Stilton, crumbled, or to taste
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
For the croutons;
- 4 slices French bread
- 100g/3½oz Stilton, sliced
- For the soup, place the pieces of broccoli into a glass bowl. Pour over the vegetable stock.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the microwave. Cook on full power for four minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan until hot then add the butter. When it starts to foam, add the spring onions and cook for one minute.
- Transfer the cooked broccoli and stock to a food processor. Add the fried spring onions, Stilton and cream and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and bring gently to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, for the croûtons, toast the French bread under a grill until golden-brown on each side.
- Top the grilled bread with the slices of Stilton and return to the grill until golden-brown and bubbling.
- Season the soup with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Divide the soup equally among four warm bowls and top each with a Stilton croûton. Serve.