Breadfruit originates from Hawaii and various places in the Caribbean. Breadfruit is a tropical and nutritious fruit. It is usually cooked and when cooked, it tastes like bread. Buy breadfruit online now, and we'll deliver at your door.
What are the Nutrients in fresh Breadfruit?
Breadfruit includes protein, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus; B1 and B3. It also includes minerals like magnesium, manganese and copper.
What's the Best Way to Store Breadfruit?
When ripe, breadfruit is best consumed right away. If you need, refrigerate with a plastic wrap for 2-3 days.
How do you Eat Breadfruit?
You can eat breadfruit raw when it is ripe. If you prefer, there are many breadfruit recipes available. One of our favourites is definitely the Breadfruit Fry recipe!
- 1 Breadfruit
- 1 Fresh Lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- Oil for frying
- Peel the breadfruit and cut into quarters. Remove the core and seeds (if any).
- Cut into apple-slice size slices.
- In a bowl, mix lime, salt, black pepper, turmeric, salt and pepper flakes. Mix well. Add the breadfruit chunks into the bowl and finely mix.
- Heat a frying pan and add oil.
- Add breadfruit slices and fry until brown on each side.
- When done, serve with a dip sauce of your preference.