Buy Halal Grass Fed Fresh Beef Marrow Bones 1kg Online with London Grocery
Upon request, we will cut it up for you!
How to Store Fresh Beef Marrow Bones?
You should treat the bones as perishable meat. If you're not eating them all immediately, please wrap them tightly and freeze. This way, you can keep them as long as you wish.
What are Beef Marrow Bones' Health Benefits?
Once thought to be sinful because of its high cholesterol content, this source of protein, rich in vitamins and minerals, is actually high in monounsaturated fats which decrease LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
Also, it is full of collagen, which improves the health and strength of bones and skin. It is also rich in glucosamine, a compound that helps against osteoarthritis, relieves joint pain, and reduces inflammation in the joints.
What's the Best Recipe for Beef Marrow Bones?
Beef Bone Broth
- 2 kg of beef bones, preferably a mix of marrow bones and bones with a little meat on them, such as oxtail
- 2 medium unpeeled carrots (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium leek with a trimmed end (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (quartered)
- 1 garlic head (halved crosswise)
- 2 celery stalks (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place beef bones, carrots, leek, onion, and garlic on a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Toss the contents of the pan and continue to roast until deeply browned, about 20 minutes more.
- Fill a large (at least 6-quart) stockpot with 12 cups of water (preferably filtered). Add celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, and vinegar. Scrape the roasted bones and vegetables into the pot along with any juices. Add more water if necessary to cover bones and vegetables.
- Cover the pot and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook with lid slightly ajar, skimming foam and excess fat occasionally, for at least 8 but up to 24 hours on the stovetop. (Do not leave on the stovetop unattended, simply cool and continue simmering the next day.) The longer you simmer it, the better your broth will be. Add more water if necessary to ensure bones and vegetables are fully submerged. Alternately, you can cook the broth in a slow cooker on low for the same amount of time.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool slightly. Strain broth using a fine-mesh sieve and discard bones and vegetables. Let continue to cool until barely warm, then refrigerate in smaller containers overnight. Remove solidified fat from the top of the chilled broth.
- Note: Broth can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer.
Our Grass Fed Fresh Beef Marrow Bones is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £35 within the UK!
We apply £9.99 delivery fee for orders below £35.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £9.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £35.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.