Shop basil online on London Grocery! Basil delivered fresh for you!
How to Select Fresh Basil?
Look for fresh, vibrant green leaves with no dark spots or signs of decay. Fresh basil leaves should be layered in damp paper towels inside a plastic bag and refrigerated up to 4 days.
How to Store & Keep Basil Fresh?
To keep basil fresh, trim the stems and place them in a glass or jar of water, just like cut flowers. Loosely cover it with a plastic bag and leave it on the counter. Although certain herbs, such as parsley and cilantro, can be stored this way in the fridge, basil does better at room temperature.
Basil Health Benefits
- Good for digestion
- Fights free radical activity
- Fights depression
- Diabetes management
- Supports liver function and helps detoxify the body
- Promote healthy gut
What is the Best Recipe for Basil?
- 4–5 hothouse (beefsteak) tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 (16 oz.) logs of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Generous bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- In a casserole type dish arrange slices of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil vertically, in an alternating patten until you have created two rows. You may have more rows depending on the size of the dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad, followed by a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.