Buy Fresh Baby Chicken 1 kg Online with London Grocery
Baby chicken, also known as poussin, is a tender and flavorful meat that is prized for its delicate flavor and texture.
Baby chicken can be prepared in a variety of ways, including roasted, grilled, or pan-fried. Its delicate flavor makes it a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes, from simple weeknight dinners to elegant dinner parties.
How to Store Halal Baby Chicken?
A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can stay in your refrigerator for up to 2 days before it should be cooked. Once it’s cooked, you should use it or freeze the leftovers within 3 days. If you won’t be ready to cook the chicken within 2 days, you should put it in the freezer. A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 year before the quality starts to decrease.
What's the Health Benefits of Baby Chicken?
Chickens that are free to roam around have more amount of other vitamins and minerals like Vitamins B, D, A, Potassium, and Sodium.
What's the Best Recipe for Baby Chicken?
Roasted Chicken & Gravy
- 1 baby chicken
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- Small thyme bunch
- 25g butter, softened
For the Gravy
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Have a shelf ready in the middle of the oven without any shelves above it.
- Scatter 1 roughly chopped onion and 2 roughly chopped carrots over the base of a roasting tin that fits the whole 1 kg chicken, but doesn’t swamp it.
- Season the cavity of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, then stuff with 2 lemon halves and a small bunch of thyme, if using.
- Sit the chicken on the vegetables, smother the breast and legs all over with 25g softened butter, then season the outside with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and leave, undisturbed, for 1 hr 20 mins – this will give you a perfectly roasted chicken. To check, pierce the thigh with a skewer and the juices should run clear.
- Carefully remove the tin from the oven and, using a pair of tongs, lift the chicken to a dish or board to rest for 15-20 mins. As you lift the dish, let any juices from the chicken pour out of the cavity into the roasting tin.
- While the chicken is resting, make the gravy. Place the roasting tin over a low flame, then stir in 1 tbsp flour and sizzle until you have a light brown, sandy paste.
- Gradually pour in 250ml chicken stock, stirring all the time, until you have a thickened sauce.
- Simmer for 2 mins, using a wooden spoon to stir, scraping any sticky bits from the tin.
- Strain the gravy into a small saucepan, then simmer and season to taste. When you carve the bird, add any extra juices to the gravy.
Our Baby Chicken is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London and rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 09:00-19:00.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £50 within the UK!
We apply £19.99 delivery fee for orders below £50.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £19.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £50.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DPD. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £39.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax or not allow your products to pass, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it. However, you should contact us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 48 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.