Buy fresh asparagus online from London Grocery! They are best asparagus in London!
How to Select Fresh Asparagus?
Look for bright green or violet-tinged spears with firm (not limp) stems. Make sure the tips are closed and compact. When the bunch is squeezed, it should squeak. Also, be sure to avoid stalks that appear woody.
How to Store Asparagus?
Trim the bottoms and stand the spears up in a glass or jar with about an inch of water. Cover with a plastic bag then refrigerate them for up to 4 days. Change the water as it gets cloudy to keep the asparagus perky and fresh.
Asparagus is Good for You!
It's low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K. Additionally, eating asparagus has a number of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion, healthy pregnancy outcomes and lower blood pressure.
Best Recipe for Asparagus
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2-1/4 pounds), bottom ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Handful fresh herbs, such as thyme, dill or basil (optional, for garnish)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Do not brown; reduce the heat if necessary.
- In the meantime, cut the tips off of one bunch of the asparagus and set aside (you'll use those for a garnish). Cut the remaining spears and the other bunch of asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add the chopped asparagus to the pot (minus the reserved tips), along with the chicken broth, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the reserved asparagus tips for a few minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain the tips and then place them in a bowl of ice water to "shock" them -- this stops the cooking process and preserves their bright green color. Once the tips are cool, drain them and set aside.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender until completely smooth. (Alternatively, use a standard blender to purée the soup in batches, then return the soup to the pot.) Bring the soup back to a simmer and stir in the lemon juice and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. To thicken the soup, allow it to simmer, uncovered, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, then top each bowl with asparagus tips, Parmigiano-Reggiano, herbs (if using), and freshly ground black pepper.
Did you try grilled asparagus? It's super tasty!
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders within the UK!
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
In order to keep our transportation costs manageable, our minimum order amount is £40.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.