Buy tomatoes online from London Grocery! Meet the best tomatoes in London! Juicy, firm and carefully harvested, hand-picked. Perfect for your salads or tomato purées.
How to Select the Best Vine Tomatoes?
Choose tomatoes with bright, shiny skins and firm flesh.
How to Store Farm Fresh Tomatoes?
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight, for use within 1 week after ripe. Tomatoes taste best if not refrigerated; refrigerate only if you can’t use them before they spoil.
What's the Vitamin Contents of Tomatoes?
Low fat; saturated fat free; very low sodium; cholesterol free; low calorie; high in vitamin A; high in vitamin C; good source of potassium.
What's the Best Recipe for Tomatoes?
Our Favourite: Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 kg tomatoes crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- Optional: parsley and basil chopped
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and zucchini and sauté until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste and cook ~1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to blend. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Put all ingredients in blender and process till smooth. Serve with parsley and basil.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders within the UK!
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
In order to keep our transportation costs manageable, our minimum order amount is £40.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.