💡 DEAL OF THE WEEK
Buy tomatoes online from London Grocery! Meet the best tomatoes in London! Juicy, firm and carefully harvested, hand-picked. Perfect for your salads or tomato purées.
How to Select the Best Vine Tomatoes?
Choose tomatoes with bright, shiny skins and firm flesh.
How to Store Farm Fresh Tomatoes?
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight, for use within 1 week after ripe. Tomatoes taste best if not refrigerated; refrigerate only if you can’t use them before they spoil.
What's the Vitamin Contents of Tomatoes?
Low fat; saturated fat free; very low sodium; cholesterol free; low calorie; high in vitamin A; high in vitamin C; good source of potassium.
What's the Best Recipe for Tomatoes?
Our Favourite: Vegetable Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 kg tomatoes crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- Optional: parsley and basil chopped
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and zucchini and sauté until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste and cook ~1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to blend. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Put all ingredients in blender and process till smooth. Serve with parsley and basil.