Buy aubergines online from London Grocery! Fresh, tasty and perfect for cooking!
How to Select the Best Aubergines?
Look for smooth, shiny skin that are uniform in color and heavy for their size.
How to Store Your Fresh Aubergines?
It is best to use eggplant within one day of purchase but if you want to store them you can wrap them in a paper towel and refrigerate in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper. This way you can store your aubergines up to four days!
What are the Health Benefits of Aubergines?
Aubergines are excellent source of dietary fibre. They are also perfect source of vitamins B1, B6 and potassium. Also they are high in the minerals copper, magnesium and manganese.
What is the Best Recipe for Aubergines?
Oven Roasted Aubergine
- 2 lb. fresh aubergine
- 2 to 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Wipe the aubergine clean and slice them in half lengthwise.
- With the tip of a knife, score the flesh deeply in a diamond cross-hatch pattern by making two or three long cuts, cutting at a steep angle, and then rotating the aubergine to make another set of similar cuts.
- Press on the edges of the halves to open the cuts and sprinkle salt (1 to 1-1/2 tsp. total for all the halves) over the surface and into the cuts.
- Set aside, cut side up, for 30 min.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Over the sink, gently squeeze the aubergine to extract the salty juice and wipe them dry with a paper towel.
- Brush each half thoroughly with olive oil.
- Arrange each half, cut side down, on top of a sprig or two of thyme on the baking sheet.
- Roast for one hour.
- Let cool considerably before handling, at least 20 min.
- Gently turn the cut side up. If serving as a side dish, serve with a lemon wedge for squeezing.
- Bon appetit!
You can also try to make baked aubergines and awesome vegan dish miso aubergines!
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders within the UK!
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
In order to keep our transportation costs manageable, our minimum order amount is £40.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through email@example.com regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.