Welcome to the best online baking potatoes shopping from London Grocery!
How to Select Fresh Baking Potatoes?
Look for clean, smooth, firm-textured potatoes with no cuts, bruises or discoloration.
How to Store Baking Potatoes?
Cool, dry, dark place. Cool as in not near the stove or heating vents (but not in the refrigerator). Dry and dark as in a cupboard or pantry that’s not near the sink and is frequented enough where they won’t be forgotten. A ventilated and dry basement is also a good option.
Potatoes are Good for You!
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free and they're packed with nutritional benefits needed for a healthy lifestyle.Large jacket potatoes are just 110 calories. No fat, cholesterol or sodium. Nearly half your daily value of vitamin C and B. They contain fiber, magnesium and antioxidants. Also they have more potassium than banana!
What is the Best Recipe for Baking Potatoes?
Classic Jacket Potatoes
- 4 large fresh baking potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200ml soured cream
- Grated 50g cheddar (topping)
- 4 chopped crispy bacon rashers (topping)
- 4 thinly sliced spring onions (topping)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Rub 2 tsp olive oil over 4 large baking potatoes and put on the top shelf of the oven.
- Bake for 20 mins, then turn down the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and bake for 45 mins-1 hr until the skin is crisp and the flesh soft.
- Cut a cross on top of each potato, squeeze the sides, add 200ml soured cream and your favourite topping.
You can also try potato salad recipes!