Shop basil online on London Grocery! Basil delivered fresh for you!
How to Select Fresh Basil?
Look for fresh, vibrant green leaves with no dark spots or signs of decay. Fresh basil leaves should be layered in damp paper towels inside a plastic bag and refrigerated up to 4 days.
How to Store & Keep Basil Fresh?
To keep basil fresh, trim the stems and place them in a glass or jar of water, just like cut flowers. Loosely cover it with a plastic bag and leave it on the counter. Although certain herbs, such as parsley and cilantro, can be stored this way in the fridge, basil does better at room temperature.
Basil Health Benefits
- Good for digestion
- Fights free radical activity
- Fights depression
- Diabetes management
- Supports liver function and helps detoxify the body
- Promote healthy gut
What is the Best Recipe for Basil?
- 4–5 hothouse (beefsteak) tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 (16 oz.) logs of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Generous bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- In a casserole type dish arrange slices of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil vertically, in an alternating patten until you have created two rows. You may have more rows depending on the size of the dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad, followed by a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00pm-21:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is between 08:00am-18:00pm.
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders above £35 within the UK!
We apply £9.99 delivery fee for orders below £35.
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
There is no minimum order fee but £9.99 delivery fee is applied for orders below £35.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.