Buy spring onions online on London Grocery! Best online spring onions shopping!
How to Select Fresh Spring Onions?
Go for spring onions with firm, unblemished bulbs and bright green, perky leaves. Avoid those that are slimy or wilting. The skin covering a spring onion's bulb can be either white or deep red fading to white at the roots.
How to Store & Keep Spring Onions Fresh?
Store it in a perforated bag in the fridge. Spring onions don't last as long as onions, so use within four or five days.
Health Benefits of Spring Onion
- Spring onions are an excellent source of vitamin C and calcium.
- They are also a good source of dietary fibre and vitamins A and B6, thiamine, folate and minerals (potassium, copper, chromium, manganese, iron).
- Some research suggests that spring onions may lower cholesterol levels, decrease the risk of heart attacks and strokes and have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Best Recipe for Spring Onions
Spring Onion & Potato Salad
- 900 g (2lb) new potatoes
- 4 finely sliced spring onions
- 4 tbsp. each Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook 900g (2lb) new potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain well then tip into a bowl.
- Add 4 finely sliced spring onions, 4tbsp each Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Season well and toss together.