Buy fresh dill from London Grocery! These dills delivered fresh!
How to Select Fresh Dill?
Select dill that looks crisp and fresh. Dill wilts quickly so unless the leaves are dry, wilted leaves can be used like fresh.
How to Store Dill?
Fresh dill can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator in a plastic bag. Or place the stems in water or wrap the leaves in a damp paper towel and keep them in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Benefits of Dill
You'll get a significant boost of vitamin C, an important antioxidant that helps your body to resist infection. Dill is also a good source of fiber, folate (important for cell division and production of DNA), calcium for healthy bones, riboflavin for cell function and development, manganese, and iron.
What is the Best Recipe for Dill?
Creamy Dill Sauce for Salmon or Trout
For Dill Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Dijon or hot English mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill , finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk (or olive oil, for richness)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp oil
- 4 salmon or trout fillets (125g / 4oz each)
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the Dill Sauce ingredients together (mix well to loosen the sour cream). Adjust consistency with milk and tartness with lemon juice. Set aside for 10 minutes if you can - if using fresh garlic, set aside for 20 min.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Place fish in skillet skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet onto serving plates. Serve with Dill Sauce on the side, garnished with fresh dill and lemon wedges if desired.