Buy Fresh Corn Fed Poussin Online with London Grocery
How to Store Whole Corn Fed Poussin?
A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can stay in your refrigerator for up to 2 days before it should be cooked. Once it’s cooked, you should use it or freeze the leftovers within 3 days. If you won’t be ready to cook the chicken within 2 days, you should put it in the freezer. A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 year before the quality starts to decrease.
What's the Health Benefits of Corn Fed Chicken?
The lean protein in chicken is an excellent source of amino acids. Our bodies use amino acids to build muscle tissue, something that is particularly important as we age. Studies have also shown that higher protein intake helps to maintain bone mineral density.
What's the Best Recipe for Corn Fed Poussin?
Roast Lemon Herbed Corn Fed Poussin
- 1 Corn Fed chicken
- 100 g softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest juice of half
- a lemon (reserve lemon halves to stuff corn fed chicken)
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 baby potatoes
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- extra thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200 C,
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Remove excess fat from the cavity,
- Combine butter, lemon zest, juice, thyme, parsley, garlic and a generous amount of pepper. Mix to combine,
- Carefully ease your fingers between the breast and skin of the corn fed chicken. Spread the flavoured butter mix under skin covering breast. Spread any excess over the legs and thighs. Secure the skin over the cavity with a skewer,
- Put the reserved lemon halves in the cavity of the corn fed chicken and tie legs together,
- Season with salt and pepper and place the chicken, potatoes, garlic and some thyme sprigs in a roasting dish. Roast chicken on its side for 20-25 minutes,
- After 20-25 minutes, turn the chicken onto the other side for a further 20-25 minutes,
- To test if the corn fed chicken is done, insert a knife between the leg and the body of the bird: - if the juices run clear and not pink, the chicken is cooked,
- Take corn fed chicken from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes,
- Carve and serve with potatoes, garlic and green beans. Drizzle with pan juices.