Buy Fresh Corn Fed Poussin Online with London Grocery
How to Store Whole Corn Fed Poussin?
A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can stay in your refrigerator for up to 2 days before it should be cooked. Once it’s cooked, you should use it or freeze the leftovers within 3 days. If you won’t be ready to cook the chicken within 2 days, you should put it in the freezer. A whole chicken (or chicken parts) can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 year before the quality starts to decrease.
What's the Health Benefits of Corn Fed Chicken?
The lean protein in chicken is an excellent source of amino acids. Our bodies use amino acids to build muscle tissue, something that is particularly important as we age. Studies have also shown that higher protein intake helps to maintain bone mineral density.
What's the Best Recipe for Corn Fed Poussin?
Roast Lemon Herbed Corn Fed Poussin
- 1 Corn Fed chicken
- 100 g softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest juice of half
- a lemon (reserve lemon halves to stuff corn fed chicken)
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 baby potatoes
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- extra thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200 C,
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Remove excess fat from the cavity,
- Combine butter, lemon zest, juice, thyme, parsley, garlic and a generous amount of pepper. Mix to combine,
- Carefully ease your fingers between the breast and skin of the corn fed chicken. Spread the flavoured butter mix under skin covering breast. Spread any excess over the legs and thighs. Secure the skin over the cavity with a skewer,
- Put the reserved lemon halves in the cavity of the corn fed chicken and tie legs together,
- Season with salt and pepper and place the chicken, potatoes, garlic and some thyme sprigs in a roasting dish. Roast chicken on its side for 20-25 minutes,
- After 20-25 minutes, turn the chicken onto the other side for a further 20-25 minutes,
- To test if the corn fed chicken is done, insert a knife between the leg and the body of the bird: - if the juices run clear and not pink, the chicken is cooked,
- Take corn fed chicken from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes,
- Carve and serve with potatoes, garlic and green beans. Drizzle with pan juices.
Our Corn Fed Poussin Whole is a halal product. View Halal Meat Certificate information.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders within the UK!
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
In order to keep our transportation costs manageable, our minimum order amount is £40.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
7) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
8) Can I give specific instructions for my order?
Yes, if you notify us at least 24 hours prior to your delivery then we can execute your requests. Some of these special instructions might be, creating a personalized tropical fruits basket for wedding/birthday parties, butchering your whole lamb into preferred cuts or descaling and cleaning your fish and seafood orders. Our specialized food engineers, butcher and fish monger experts will do their best to meet your requirements. We strongly recommend you to use notes section at check-out for submitting your special order requests.
9) Do you have surcharge/oversize fees?
Yes, if your order weight/volume exceeds 15kg/15lt , we apply £1 surcharge fee for extra liters/kg.
If you have any other questions, please let us know via email@example.com
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the operations planning procedures which might have a reflection on preferred delivery dates in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.