Fresh bottle gourd is a tropical, healthy produce. It's rich in Vitamin C. This fruit is edible and often cooked like a vegetable. It has a light green and smooth skin.
What's the Vitamin Contents of Fresh Gourd?
Bottle gourd is low in calories. It contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc and Potassium.
What's the Best Recipe with Fresh Gourd?
Try Bottle Gourd Curry Recipe! It's delicious and rich in flavour.
- 5 Cups Gourd, Cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin, seeds.
- 3 Garlic cloves, mined
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice 1 Piece of Ginger, chopped
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander, Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric, Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan.
- Sautee cumin, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Add chopped onions and sauté 3-4 mins.
- Add tomatoes, remaining spices and salt.
- Add gourd chunks and continue stirring.
- Add 3/4 Cup Water and lower the heat.
- Close the lid and allow cooking (About 15 - 20 mins).
- Serve with rice.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1) Which parts of the UK do you deliver?
Thanks to our strong carrier network, we are able to deliver to all regions of the UK including the British Isles.
2) What is your delivery windows?
We deliver 6 days a week from Monday to Saturday. You can select your preferred delivery date at cart page. For London, delivery windows is between 14:00-20:00pm, for rest of the UK, delivery windows is 08:00am-13:00pm
3) How much is the delivery fee?
We provide FREE DELIVERY for all orders within the UK!
4) Do you have minimum order fee?
In order to keep our transportation costs manageable, our minimum order amount is £40.
5) Do you deliver to EU and Scandinavian countries?
Yes, we ship to out of the UK through our carrier partner DHL. We offer guaranteed next day shipping before 10:00am to EU and Scandinavian countries including Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Our delivery fee for this region is £14.99. Please note that due to changing customs rules after Brexit, some countries might ask additional customs tax, please contact with us if you are unsure about customs policy.
6) Can I change my delivery date or products in my order later?
Yes, we are very flexible with order changes including delivery date or items purchased, you just need to drop us a note through firstname.lastname@example.org regarding to changes you like and we'll be on it.
7) How do you ensure the freshness of the products during transport?
Our cold chain logistics technology and process allows for the safe transport of temperature-sensitive goods and products along the supply chain. We use special temperature-controlled food grade boxes which keep the products in chilled condition up to 48 hours. Thanks to our food engineering team's studies that relies heavily on science to evaluate and accommodate for the link between temperature and perishability, we have 99.5% success rate for delivering the chilled food in perfect condition. Our current studies are aiming to improve this even further by the end of 2021.
8) Can I give instructions for my order?
Yes, we can carry out your requests. For example, we can cut your whole lamb to small pieces or clean & gut your fishes.
***Disclaimer: London Grocery reserves rights to change the delivery date in case of unexpected circumstances.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.