Fresh bottle gourd is a tropical, healthy produce. It's rich in Vitamin C. This fruit is edible and often cooked like a vegetable. It has a light green and smooth skin.
What's the Vitamin Contents of Fresh Gourd?
Bottle gourd is low in calories. It contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc and Potassium.
What's the Best Recipe with Fresh Gourd?
Try Bottle Gourd Curry Recipe! It's delicious and rich in flavour.
- 5 Cups Gourd, Cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin, seeds.
- 3 Garlic cloves, mined
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice 1 Piece of Ginger, chopped
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander, Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric, Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan.
- Sautee cumin, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Add chopped onions and sauté 3-4 mins.
- Add tomatoes, remaining spices and salt.
- Add gourd chunks and continue stirring.
- Add 3/4 Cup Water and lower the heat.
- Close the lid and allow cooking (About 15 - 20 mins).
- Serve with rice.